Saturday, March 5, 2016

Oysters and Champagne, oh no!

46 days alcohol free and I have to admit yesterday was a tough one, but I made it through and I'm actually kind of proud of myself. Yesterday my son and I went to a Friday afternoon "playdate" at a classmates house. The family lives in a gorgeous home with a fantastic view of the river. The kids are cute, the mom and dad are lovely, funny and fun. While the kids played, the mom and I enjoyed chatting about fitness, school and the challenges of parenting two small kids. Lots of laughter and easy conversation. The kids were a little wild but everyone was relaxed. Really nice.

The dad was working from home and told us once his last call was done he would come and "hang out." Nice guy, great with all the kids. My son thought he was hysterical. Fun times. Pizza is ordered and the dad pulls out oysters and the mom pulls out 3 champagne glasses. OMG. All I want to do is join them in CHAMPAGNE and OYSTERS. That's all I want to do! The scene is what I imagine every time I start drinking. I'm relaxed, fun, glamorous in beautiful surroundings with cool fun people. I had to say "no thanks" to the champagne, but oh the restraint it took. I was so close to just saying, "the Hell with it," it's one glass. What I did find though, is once I said "no thanks" I was able to relax.. no trying to stick to one drink, worrying about drinking too much to drive or worrying that I said something stupid and not quite remembering later. I did it and I'm proud!

Two weeks until my big race. I WILL be 60 days alcohol free on that day. I big milestone for a big day. 5K race this weekend to gauge my training progress.


2 comments:

  1. Hadnt looked here for a while. And...you've gone quiet. Hope all is well....and you did the race....

    Fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Northwoman, Hope you're well too. Things are going well and you motivated me to post :) Thank you!

      Delete